Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Greetings from Illinois!

I find this hilarious that a recent posting of ours was "Greetings from IL" while we were on vacation last summer. I realize Wes has already commented on this, but it's funny how little we can know about our future. Six months ago I never would've guessed we would end up here or love it SO MUCH! Here are some pics of my kids enjoying some SNOW! And their first sledding experiences. It's hard to capture my next memory on camera, but I guess that's what journaling is for. Just a couple weeks after we moved to Aurora the temps went to 20 below 0 degrees and that was without the windchill! Also, this was their first "snow day" from school, which technically was a "cold day". We made it a fun day by having a sleepover in front of the fire, watched Night at the Museum and ordered pizza. It was a lot of fun. Wes will have to share what happened to his hand the next morning when he was going to work. P.S. Don't worry my blog is still under construction...tune in again soon to see updates!


This is my Vegas baby navigating the snow. She's not sure what to think. I think she's cute in her brother's scarf!


Daddy introducing Weston to the necesseties of playing in the snow. Wes built a fort for them in the backyard right after we moved here.


Jenna loves posing for pics. She really cracks me up that she can look so beautiful sledding down a hill. Love that girl!


This is Megan sledding down a hill right near our backyard. Our cul-de-sac backs up to their elementary school. They LOVE walking to school!



post signature

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Melissa, it was great to see your new posts. And it's good to hear you are liking Illinois. I also often thought it ironic that your blog read "Greetings from Illinois." And even though it was an old post from your summer vacation the title was again relevent. Megan and Jenna look so grown up and cute. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics soon. Although I though how hard it is to maintain a blog. I haven't updated in quite a while myself. Yesterday, Katy saw the picture I have of your kids with Matt's kids on the fridge and she said, "I sure miss those kids." We do miss you all, but I'm glad that things are going ok for you. Love ya always.

Ragan said...

Hey You!

I was so surprised to see that your blog had moved up on my blog roll, and even more surprised that it was YOU posting. And three posts!!! Good for you! It really is good to "hear" from you and know that you're liking it there.

Brenda E said...

Now that's a lot of snow. Where's the hot tub? It looks like you are enjoying your new home, and each other.

Becky said...

Melissa! I'm so glad you posted! Waht fun pictures. Sounds like you guys love it there. We do miss you but I'm glad things are going well. Love ya and hope you had a gerat birthday, Becky